We'll keep this short.
You want to work with people that have values similar to ours, this includes:
- Honesty - Being open and transparent with each other allows us to maintain diverse viewpoints and avoid business politics. Seek feedback, not consensus.
- Attention to detail - Pushing for high standards creates a brand customers love.
- Curiosity - Always being curious as to better ways of doing things ensures we continue to learn, grow and deliver better results.
- Customer first - Putting the customer at the centre of everything we do makes the customer our top priority.
Communication is critical.
- If some has gone wrong for whatever reason, tell us straight away.
- If at any time you're unable to meet a deadline, tell us straight away.
- If you've underpriced something, tell us straight away.
You get the idea.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when communicating with our customers:
- Mimic them in communication. If they use smiley faces and exclamation marks, use them as well. If they are casual, answer in a casual manner. If they are formal, be more formal in your response.
- Don’t try to justify yourself, even if the customer is wrong. Don’t get into debates. Make it your mistake and show a sense of urgency in fixing it.